- Safety Equipment
- Welding Goggles & Helmets
- Noise & Hearing Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Hand Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Protective Footwear
- Safety Belts & Harnesses
- Self Rescue Division
Two types of special racks are available to accommodate the Self Contained Self-Rescuers.
- Wall-mounted racks - accommodate 100 SCSRs
- Free-standing racks - accommodate 200 SCSRs, 100 on either side
AfroxPac training and training materials
Easy-to-use and understand training materials will show workers the right procedures during emergencies and how the relevant equipment works. Most comprehensive SCSR training programme available.
Available training materials:
This SCSR training programme is the most comprehensive available. It shows workers the right procedures during emergencies and how the relevant equipment works.
- Training manual
- Trainer's module
- Trainee's module
- Lamp room staff module
- Visitors module
- Re-induction module
- Trainer's AfroxPac
- Trainee's AfroxPac
- Training posters
- Training video
- Training mouth pieces and nose clips
- Hard hat stickers
- Heat simulator
- Initial training and assessments
- Refresher and follow-up training sessions
Belts and Harnesses
All belts and harnesses are made out of durable material
- Standard mining belt - accommodates both the cap lamp battery and self-rescuer
- Shoulder harnesses - can be fitted to standard mining belts for support
- Kidney support- can be fitted to standard mining belts
- Chest harness - makes it possible to wear the self-rescuer on the chest
- Leather mining belts
Condition Monitoring Service
Our Afrox service technician and assistant will examine all available AfroxPacs at least once every three months to ascertain that:
- The tampering seals on the closing mechanism are intact
- The moisture indicator has not changed colour from blue to pink/white
- The clamping or closing mechanism is not damaged
- The belt loops are not damaged
- The exterior of the container does not show undue damage other than fair wear and tear
- In addition to the above, a negative pressure test is conducted on all units deployed on the mine.
This will be done in the presence of the mine official and a report will be compiled and forwarded to the mine.
The cost of the service is dependent on the number of units deployed and the distance to be travelled.Emergency and ad-hoc call-outs will be charged separately.
The monthly maintenance service entails:
- Monthly visual inspections for two months per quarter (items 1-5 below) and a quarterly leak test and visual inspection in the 3rd monthof each quarter (items 1-6 below)
- Preventative maintenance by replacement of any wear-and-tear damaged components. The cost of this is included in the monthly maintenance fee.
- Isolation and quarantining of any mine-damaged units (these will be separately quoted for repair)
The monthly and quarterly services serve to examine all AfroxPacs to ascertain that:
- The anti-tampering seals on the closing mechanism are intact. Damaged seals are replaced free of charge –
- The moisture indicator has not changed colour from blue to pink - Monthly visual inspection
- The clamping or closing mechanism is not damaged - Monthly visual inspection The belt loops are undamaged - Monthly visual inspection The exterior of the container does not show undue damage other than fair wear and tear - Monthly visual inspection
- There are no casing leaks by conducting negative pressure testing (leak testing) of units – Quarterly leak test
Repairs and refurbishments
- Units are collected from mines
- Quotations provided within one week
- Units repaired/refurbished on receipt of written order
- Units tested by CSIR Miningtek - refurbished at cost and returned to min
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.