Respirators are designed to protect the wearer against one or more of the following hazards:
- Oxygen defificiency.
- Contaminants in particulate form
- Contaminants in gaseous form
Why is employee participation necessary?
- Respirators must be comfortable to encourage workers to use and continue using them.
- Respirators must fit well or they won’t be effective.
- Understanding the hazards and proper training in respirator use will increase chances that employees use, store and maintain them properly.
- When management and employees are actively trying to find the best fit, workers are more likely to wear the devices, reducing the risk of illness and lost workdays.
Choosing and Caring for Your Respirator
- Ensure that the respirator completely covers your nose and mouth.
- Ensure that supplied air respirators are airtight.
- Ensure that you can breathe properly.
- Do not use damaged, clogged or dirty respirators.
- Always check regularly and replace if required.
Occupational Exposure Level (OEL)
Important: If you are in doubt of the extent of the atmospheric hazard then respirators should be worn.
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.