- Products & Services
- Arc Welding Equipment
- Gas Welding
- Arc Accessories
- Aluminium Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Cast Iron
- Copper Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Creep Resistance Steel | Welding Supplies
- Hardfacing Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Low Alloy Electrodes | Welding Supplies
- Nickel Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Pipe Welding | Welding Supplies
- Problem Steel Electrodes
- Stainless Steel Wires | Welding Supplies
- Silver Brazing Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Gouge | Welding Supplies
Copper is also ductile and malleable and has a relatively low melting point at just over 1 080°C.
The three basic commercial grades of copper that are available are:
Tough pitch copper, containing up to 0,1% oxygen
Phosphorous deoxidized (PDO) copper, containing up to 0,04% phosphorous
Oxygen-free copper, containing no deoxidants.
The phosphorous deoxidised grade was originally developed to overcome problems encountered when flame welding tough pitch copper. It is now the standard commercial weldable grade used for pressure vessels and radiators. Oxygen-free grades have significantly higher electrical conductivity than oxygen-containing grades and are therefore used widely as electrical conductors.
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.