- Products & Services
- Arc Welding Equipment
- Gas Welding
- Arc Accessories
- Aluminium Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Cast Iron
- Copper Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Creep Resistance Steel | Welding Supplies
- Hardfacing Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Low Alloy Electrodes | Welding Supplies
- Nickel Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Pipe Welding | Welding Supplies
- Problem Steel Electrodes
- Stainless Steel Wires | Welding Supplies
- Silver Brazing Alloys | Welding Supplies
- Gouge | Welding Supplies
In the four major types of cast iron (classified according to their graphite morphologies) - grey cast iron is the most common. The higher carbon content makes cast irons to be less ductile and more susceptible to cracking.
While many in the welding community consider cast iron to be difficult to weld, Afrox has circumvented this challenge by offering a suitable consumable and deposition technique for a particular cast iron application. Typical cast iron applications include machine bases, pump bodies, engine blocks, gears and transmission housings, etc.
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.