Proper closing down will prolong the life of welding equipment.
Step-by-step procedure to closing down at the end of each workday:
- Extinguish the flame by first closing the acetylene valve on torch, then closing the oxygen valve
- Close both oxygen and acetylene cylinder valves
- Open torch valves one at a time to release pressure in the regulators and hoses
- Re-set regulators to zero outlet pressure by unscrewing adjusting screw
- Close torch valves and always ensure that torch valves are closed when equipment is not in use